Old 07-05-2010, 12:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default SEEDS

brooklyn1 wrote:
Saw an ad on TV a little while ago... a lot of scare tactics about
without this you're going to starve... I don't respond well to scare
tactics. But they didn't offer a price on TV so I took a look-see...
anyone have comments?
http://www.survivalseedbank.com/

An amazing mix of truth, half-truth, lies, propaganda, religion, politics,
wisdom, contradiction and nonsense. You could call it sales-speak.

For a "survivalist" the selection is odd. Too many are summer annuals, you
are going to get very hungry in the cooler months and there ought to be more
staples and things that will keep. Why on earth do you want cucumber and
two kinds of lettuce (low food value) but there is no pumpkin or potato
(high food value and keep outside the fridge)?

It is a lot of money to spend on seeds unless you know and trust the source.
The average gardener would take years to use all these. I thought they were
pushing these seeds being heirloom which implies true breeding, seed saving
etc, why then do you need a supply for five years, assuming they will last
that long?

If it were me I would save my $164, spend much less on a sensible quantities
of seeds that are more suitable and rely on Worldnet Daily for entertainment
while waiting for the rapture.

David