Old 07-05-2010, 06:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default SEEDS

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"Paul M. Cook" wrote:

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
brooklyn1 wrote:
Saw an ad on TV a little while ago... a lot of scare tactics about
without this you're going to starve... I don't respond well to scare
tactics. But they didn't offer a price on TV so I took a look-see...
anyone have comments?
http://www.survivalseedbank.com/

An amazing mix of truth, half-truth, lies, propaganda, religion,
politics,
wisdom, contradiction and nonsense. You could call it sales-speak.

For a "survivalist" the selection is odd. Too many are summer annuals,
you are going to get very hungry in the cooler months and there ought
be more staples and things that will keep. Why on earth do you want
cucumber and two kinds of lettuce (low food value) but there is no
pumpkin
or potato (high food value and keep outside the fridge)?

It is a lot of money to spend on seeds unless you know and trust the
source. The average gardener would take years to use all these. I
thought
they were pushing these seeds being heirloom which implies true
breeding,
seed saving etc, why then do you need a supply for five years, assuming
they will last that long?

If it were me I would save my $164, spend much less on a sensible
quantities of seeds that are more suitable and rely on Worldnet Daily
for
entertainment while waiting for the rapture.

Indeed. And who needs 5 years worth of seeds when the world ends in
2012?

Paul

Well, in keeping with this is a cheery crowd,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grQf9OOphFs .

Well, do I have an offer you fellows.

For those that get taken up in the Rapture. I Dan the atheist will take
very good care of any animals that get left behind that belong to you.
Just mail me a check for $2,000 US dollars and your home address
(optional) for this great offer of Pet Rapture Insurance

As for the 2012 theory no one is left behind to take advantage of

One side question:
Can't one freeze seeds that will last as long as the power holds up?

If so I will stock up on the seeds and ammo. Personal insurance when all
the currencies in the world collapse and gas will not be available.

Like the video -
Just me and the dog in my bunker with world falling apart around me

Thanks Dan, I'll sleep better just knowing your there (and I'm here ;O)
--
- Billy