Old 07-05-2010, 09:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default SEEDS

"brooklyn1" wrote in message
Saw an ad on TV a little while ago... a lot of scare tactics about
without this you're going to starve... I don't respond well to scare
tactics. But they didn't offer a price on TV so I took a look-see...
anyone have comments?
http://www.survivalseedbank.com/

They are very expensive based on prices that I can buy
heirloom/heritage/open pollinated seeds for in Australia.

I did a quickk count of the seeds they were selling and got 22 packs of
seeds - If I bought the same varieties in Oz, I'd pay just $58.75US from the
cheapest seed supplier for the same vegetables (but perhaps not the same
vaireties) but I'd have a wider range of choice.

Just in case you're interested, these are the major heritage seed suppliers
I can access:
http://www.edenseeds.com.au/content/default.asp
http://www.thelostseed.com.au/index.htm
http://www.diggers.com.au/

BTW, did they mention that the 2 varieties of corn shouldn't be planted
close to each other?