Old 07-05-2010, 06:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Help ID tree?

In article ,
"james" wrote:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/12097489_CJMFu
You can hover the mouse over the photo and select original
The second photo is a close up of the leaves showing the distinctive reddish
area.

I tried using tree identification web site but I can't answer some of the
questions

Anyway there is a distinctive red area on the leave, perhaps that is enough
clue for experts to identify the tree. It's been growing for 2-3 years and
was planted by a neighbor who moved away. Now nobody is maintaining it.

I want to know what tree it is because I want to know

(1) How big is it going to grow to. If more than 15 feet I might want to
remove it. There was a maple tree there previously and had to be remove
because it was breaking my driveway.

(2) whether to prune the bottom branches so that there is only one main
trunk

Some type of pear I'd guess going by the leaf. Look for Bradford pear.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?