Old 07-05-2010, 10:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
piedmont[_2_] piedmont[_2_] is offline

Default Passion plant and okra

i think i'm going to start using the appearance of my transplanted wild
passion plants for planting my okra!

last year i learned much about planting okra, primarily that the ground
temperature must be 70F or above! i went thru 2 plantings which withered
before finding the knowledge on-line. sure enough, the ground temp was 66F.
so i waited and measured, waited and measured until i got a reading of 70F.
lo an behold my okra survived. so two days ago i check grond temp and it is
indeed 70 and today i see my passion plants have shot up to 2-3 inchs tall!

--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/