Old 08-05-2010, 07:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Im getting rolling eyes about my garden.

"None4U" wrote in message
et...
Hello,

Id like to hear from you about my garden I put in. The neighbors are
apparently baffled by it.

Who gives a rat's posterior about the neighbours? It's your garden and you
created it for yourself, not them.

I did the fabric technique three years in a row and it works pretty good.
But not with the hay under it. I've not ever used hay before. This is my
main concern. Will the hay do something bad sitting there all year under
the garden fabric. Or am I ok.

I can't imagine the hay would do anything worse than insulating your soil so
it will not warm up early in Spring and will stay a bit warmer in Autumn.
But then I expect it will just breakdown anyway and do so fairly quickly if
you have healthy soil with a good earthworm population.

Id really like to have a continuous mulch garden and put on 6 inches of
hay every fall. And let it sit and compact through the winter.

And I was going to just cover the plot for the year and kill everything
off and start next year.

But I came up with this idea.

I haven't left much out.

Anything wrong with what I did.