Old 09-05-2010, 12:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default newly planted dual pear trees

ianmckenna wrote:
i have two dual pear trees planted last autumn now the trees have many
branch runners , branches from lower part to top , i am not sure
whether i need to prune these back please can you advise.

I am not sure what yopu mean by a dual pear tree. Is it where two types of
fruiting wood are grafted on to the same root stock?

Where exactly are these "runners" coming from? Are we talking about from
the roots, below the bud union with the root stock, above the bud union or
somewhere else?

David