Old 09-05-2010, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default New allotment

Bill Grey wrote:
I take on my new allotment as from today. It's being rotorvated this
morning, and I hope to start planting out over the week-end.
However, it's late in the season, and am I too late to plant onion sets?

Well if you don't plant 'em you certainly won't get any onions!

Well, I suppose he could keep them till September and put them in for
overwintering. Apparently they are less susceptible to white rot if you do
that, but it didn't help mine much last year.