Old 20-04-2003, 06:08 AM

Default How much emyacin to kill slime algae?

(TrollatUofS) wrote in message ...
I have an overwhelming growth of slime algae in my 45g.! How much emyacin to
kill it? I have aquarium products brand which is 200mg per tab and they
suggest 1 tab per ten gallons but that is to treat disease. So far I've
treated with 5 tabs for two days and what is left of the stuff isn't spreading
but it isn't dying either. I'm on the verge of doing a teardown. -jim

That should be an effective dosage concentration. If it is cyano bacteria......
You may need another day or so till it really starts sloughing off.
You can turn the lights off and cover the tank also and shut off the CO2 etc.
That will help kill it also.
Regards,
Tom Barr