Old 09-05-2010, 04:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default How Cold Is Too Cold For Leaf Lettuce?

In article ,
(EVP MAN) wrote:

A week ago I planted some black seeded simpson leaf lettuce. As fate
would have it, tonight they issued a frost and freeze warning for my
area with temps. getting down to 29 F. My lettuce is about 1/2" high.
Do you think if I cover it that there may be a chance it will survive?
The next three nights are going to be around 30 F. here.

Rich

I'd think about getting out and misting your plants with water from a
hose about 4:00 AM. Then 5, 6, 7 . This will also let you have outside
water on. I've got tomatoes out.

We are going down to 34-36 and that's what I intend to do. Looks like
2 maybe 3 days then more normal.

Currently gust about 30 MPH or so and oak pollen everywhere like a
storm.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?