Old 09-05-2010, 07:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Mushrooms in planting containers

OK, so I have a pot filling up with shrooms. I just planted my cucumber
seedlings in it a couple of days ago and today it is about 1/4 full of
mushrooms. What's up with this? The planting mix is Sta-Green vegetable
and flower planting mix. I thought these mixtures were sterilized. Is this
a sign of something bad? I have no idea how the soil could have gotten
inoculated with spores. The weather has been pretty warm and dry and not
exactly good mushroom conditions.