Old 09-05-2010, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Tomatoes

~Brian~ wrote:
The tomatoes I'm atemtping to grow from seed are not doing as well as
last year's efforts. New seed, new compost.. This year's compost
doesn't appear to be as good as last year's. Plus the extended cold
spell earlier in the year - everything seems to be *weeks* behind
this time last year.
Those are my excuses and I'm sticking to them...

Actually several people (Neighbours) have said much the same thing to me. Im
tempted to get some seedlings from a nursary! :-(

My first batch at end of Jan were awful. But we figured it was bad soil and
tried again in early march. They are all* doing ok.