Old 09-05-2010, 10:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default My 1st Heron, dang it!

I am sorry about the raid. I hope it does not return and that your
precautions work. If not, try the red neck way.

Our heron has not come back. It stood at the side for a while and
even stood on a tub in the center of the pond. It did not get
anything and has not been back...that we have seen. No fish missing!
Also, no evidence of additional plants flattened. If it comes, we
will have to address the situation.

I have just put 4 of the gf in one of the berm ponds that is 3/4
covered with parrots feather. Breeding...I hope. The ponds are only
18" deep and could be stood in by the heron. I am hoping it will not
see the fish (Right now, I can't as they hide.) The fish are 2
shbunkins and two bf goldies. Cross maybe? I don't know about sex,
but I figure that with 4, I stand a good chance of having at least a
pair up there(7 in 8, as I remembert)!

Jim