Old 10-05-2010, 10:59 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] View Post

One thing that makes me hesitate about the Convolvulus ID is that it's
just not very 'twiny'. We have baby convolvulus coming up now that is
no more than 6" high and is already wrapping itself very strongly
around e.g. Allium stems.
My convolvulus (strictly Calystegia as Stewart said, but basically the big white bindweed) is well over 6 inches and still going up like a rocket. If you look at the picture, there isn't anything there for it to twine round - once it gets up to the cross bar on the fence, there seems to be a wire for it to twine round, and it's pretty 'twiny' after that.