Old 10-05-2010, 01:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Mr Lincoln putting out weak blooms

On Sun, 9 May 2010 09:25:59 -0700 (PDT), ncstockguy
wrote:

Our Mr Lincoln Hybrid Tea rose has put out beautiful fragrant blooms
for years. But it has gradually faded. It now puts out only small,
rather shapeless not fragrant red blooms. Would appreciate any
suggestions on what to do to bring the original blooms back.. if
anything can be done. Thanks

I found if too much fertilizer is applied, my rose bushes burst into
blooms then a major setback follows. Now I use about a cup of cow
manure every two weeks on each plant (an entire bag at one time is too
much). Fish emulsion is excellent and slow release. Use inorganic
(salt) fertilizers sparingly on roses or perhaps not at all.