Old 10-05-2010, 01:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default What do to with a runt rose bush

On Sun, 9 May 2010 13:10:40 -0700 (PDT), Chris Nelson
wrote:

The previous owners of my house planted a row of 6 rose bushes. One
of them is a "runt"; 1/2 the size of the others right now and never
seems to catch up. It seems healthy, just small. I know almost
nothing about roses. Is there something I can do to help it catch
up? Fertilize the small one? Cut the big ones back? I'm near
Albany, NY (whatever zone that may be).

Give it time. There is LOT to know about roses and they are typically
high maintenance if you want them to look their best. I wouldn't want
to provide care for more than a few.