Old 10-05-2010, 03:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Im getting rolling eyes about my garden.

In article ,
says...
I would love to reply to your post, but alas...
I can not read, much less reply to any post involving a reply from "billy"
I'm not trying to be caustic, but...talk about someone that has
(apparently..at least to me) no life except on this NG.
I will read any new post, but if there is a reply from "him", I will read no
further. I have rarely seen a group with a poster who is so full of
himself. On one hand it's funny, on the other it's annoying. It makes me
reluctant to check the group...and I hate that. Not trying to rant...I'm
just saying..............

If you don't like anyone, _use your killfile_ don't announce, don't
react and don't complain.

Check the group. Killfile judiciously. Kill threads that are too
annoying to you.

Survival on the nets requires an appreciation of the medium's strengths
and weaknesses, your strengths and weaknesses and a judicious use of the
*all* the tools available.

30 years on the nets suggests to me that information, communication,
discourse and argument have to matter more to you than others' projected
personas.

As for the appearance of being on USENET all the time, watch the
timestamps. I deal with a collection of posts at a time. --If I'm on a
roll it can look like I'm online all the time even though I usually deal
with this at random intervals.

Those who are retired, or who have access to the internet at work's MMV.