Old 10-05-2010, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Bluebells

On Mon, 10 May 2010 08:22:19 +0100, "Jo" wrote:

We moved into a new house not so long ago and are just discovering what's
going to pop up in our new weed-filled, slightly overgrown garden. We have
bluebells - hundreds of them and they are taking over the whole garden,
appearing in every possible corner and working themselves across the grass!
As much as they look very pretty I don't want them all over the garden.
I have searched for other posts about these invasive plants, but can't seem
to find any original threads.

Is there a way of keeping them at bay? We have a huge amount of work
(clearing) to do in this garden and I fear that all the digging up will just
spread them further.

Jo

If you clear space they will move in.
--