Old 10-05-2010, 05:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default cucurbit stem woes

The stem of one of my cucurbits (I thought it was a watermelon, but
it is probably some other melon) has gotten flattened (the first few
inches out of the ground) and a bit dried looking. Just after this is a
node with many leaves (~8) branching out, they look very healthy.

I'd like to save/fix/help this as I've only got two. What might have
caused that? What to do? I've pushed the node into the soil, should I
cut off a leaf, or do something else.

Jeff