Old 10-05-2010, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default Ramsons (wild garlic)

My favourite is to lightly shred lots of young wild garlic leaves, add
salt, lemon juice, lemon zest, lots of coarsely ground black pepper
and a few nobs of butter. The mix is then used as a stuffing for
chicken or boned, rolled shoulder of lamb. The very young, recently
emerged flower spikes ( a fiddly job to pick, but worth the effort)
are wonderful if steamed and tossed in butter or drizzled with a light
hollandaise sauce, while the opened flowers can be added to salad for
a gentle garlicky infusion. The only thing I don't eat is the bulb -
I find that it leaves a slightly odd after-taste.