Old 11-05-2010, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
~Brian~ ~Brian~ is offline

Default Tomatoes

wrote:
~Brian~ wrote:
I live in SE Kent.

Shame you're not nearer me (in Essex). I have about 400 little tomato
plants littering the greenhouses atm. (I did a few too many 'spares')

I have actually acquired some plants now. Got them from an Old Gent who I
know in passing. I was telling him about the failure I had, and he said come
with me!
Took me round to the back of his bungalo - wow! - his garden was enormous
with three medium sized Greenhouses. He too had hundreds of tomato plants
and told me to help myself, he was saying though that he had had several
failures this year and blamed the poor quality of the compost available and
he was convinced there was a lot of dud seeds being sold.