Old 11-05-2010, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default My daughter's melon has wilted

Jo wrote:
Being new to melon-growing, have we done something seriously wrong? Maybe
it's too cold for it outside at the moment, although the plant in on a
south-facing wall which currently is getting a small amount of sun.

It's been close to frosty the last few nights, I think you've probably
caught it a bit of a chill.

I managed 6 melon plants from seed last year, with a total production of 2
melons. I think I needed to hand pollinate them a bit more than I did.
That was my first year of melon growing. But they lived permanently int he
greenhouse, I would never have considered growing them outside.