Old 11-05-2010, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Buckley Mike Buckley is offline

Default Tomatoes

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2010-05-09 17:59:07 +0100, kay said:

wafflycat;886708 Wrote:
"]
The tomatoes I'm atemtping to grow from seed are not doing as well

last
year's efforts. New seed, new compost.. This year's compost doesn't
appear
to be as good as last year's. Plus the extended cold spell earlier in
the
year - everything seems to be *weeks* behind this time last year.
Those are my excuses and I'm sticking to them...

My tomatoes are beautiful. The aubergines on the other hand ...

Our tomato plants are about 3' tall now. They're in bags of compost
and get a splash of dilute fertiliser every day when others things are
being watered.

wince

The ones I put outside due to lack of space have stopped growing (around
5"), probably due to the crap weather. The remaining few inside are
doing OK, probably around 1'. They'll be left inside until the weather
improves. If it ever does.

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2