Old 11-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Veggieveg Veggieveg is offline
Registered User

Location: wiltshire
Smile Pumpkin help

Hello All

I planted a seed from my halloween pumpkin last year and it grew! it flourished into a big plant, it would flower for one day and then the flower would die? im not sure why this is happening or what the function of this flower has? is it waiting to be pollenated?

Secondly i moved the plant outside about 3 weeks ago, the leaves are turning yellow and the plant looks rather unhealthy - i havnt done anything different other than puting it outside? any ideas, there is a pic below.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...0052010112.jpg

Oh and is the the start of a small pumpkin?

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...0052010113.jpg

I really want to try and save this plant and get it back to a healthy stage after all, it was this little seed that inspired me to start growing my own veg this year.

Im also growing the below bits - i am actually quiet excited about ithttp://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/images/icons/icon7.gif

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...0052010111.jpg

Peas!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...0052010107.jpg

Carrots!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...0052010108.jpg

Peppers!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...0052010110.jpg

Pototoes!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...0052010106.jpg

Cauli & Cabbage

Im also growing salad leaves, strawberrys and more i cant wait for it all to grow fully. I have a small garden so have had to take to growing in pots anyone have any tips to save space?