Old 12-05-2010, 01:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Spot re-seed grass - Wait how long to apply pre-emerge?

"Dan L." wrote:

The land was used for hay the last five years. Only a third will be
fenced off and that will in three sections for just one Jersey Cow and
Calf. I am from Michigan, I moved here 12 years ago on 24 acres. I
purchased the land from my neighbor (He still owns 300 acres). Since I
was city mouse and learning to be a country mouse and I did not have the
equipment, time or money to maintain the land, he farmed most of it. My
neighbor 73, is retiring and his kids no longer want to be in the dairy
business. So I am now slowing getting equipment and just having a small
personal use hobby farm. Just me, the dog, chickens, bees, cow and a
calf. I am in way over my head! Now reading books on cheese making

That's a lot to take on all on your own, go slow with taking on new
projects lest it all gets away from you. Working land can be very
time consuming, tiring, and costly, I'm sure by now you know that farm
equipment is pricey to buy and and to maintain. Good luck.