Old 12-05-2010, 03:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Tomato Wilt

In article 4706b34d-fbaa-4ad5-ad58-44068d343202
@b18g2000yqb.googlegroups.com, says...

None of the above apply. I looked at the web site sent to me a few
more but I still can't figure it out. They talked about bacteria in
the soil but wouldn't that destroy everything else? Very Frustrating.

The short answer to your question is, "not necessarily." The bacteria
will destroy anything that is susceptible and has no resistance. If the
plants around the tomatoes are more resistant then they won't be as
affected if they are affected at all.

Find the book "What's wrong with my plant (and how do I fix it?) : a
visual guide to easy diagnosis and organic remedies" by David Deardorff
and Kathryn Wadsworth

IIRC it uses a flow-chart model of diagnosing plant problems and the
process is very straight-forward.