Old 12-05-2010, 03:35 PM
skidia skidia is offline
Registered User

Default Cucumber seedling

Hello,

The other day I was given a cucumber seedling for my birthday. I left it for a few days outside, then popped it in a big pot of compost.

However I now see it is too early to pot out cucumbers! What shall I do?

It is currently raised up on a bench next to the hot air duct from the utility room. The warmest place I could find in the garden!

We don't have a greenhouse proper, but have a plastic screened tool place at the side of the house. It doesn't get much light though.

The other option is a glass cloche/mini greenhouse type thing, though it is a big too short for the pot, so I would have to raise it on bricks and leave a big gap at the bottom.

Or I could get a plastic cloche and leave it where it is.

I live in London (UK) with a south(ish) facing garden. As you can prob tell I am a very novice gardener!