Old 12-05-2010, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default advice please

;-D Regarding the OP's question, I would have thought that the only way
to find out would be to go to a shop and try picking various ones up, as
ergonomics isn't just about weight. The distribution of weight in the
machine and the balance will be important too if you aren't too strong.
It'll have to be something you try out.

I remember some years ago buying my mother a handy vacuum cleaner as a
present, which was fine, but I'd overlooked something; to use tools with
it you had to manually unhook a drive belt, which was easy for me but
beyond the strength of her wrists. I don't think that when choosing
something like this you can go by specifications and order online etc,
it's something you really need to try out for yourself.

Ian

Yes you are quite right Ian I must go and try a few, I was just trying to
save myself a journey but it will be worth it to find something that I like

kate