Old 12-05-2010, 10:31 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name View Post
Just popped over to the allotment to plant some beans (I figure by the time
they come up the frost will be over!) and the state of the poor potatoes!
Every single one looks dead! :-(

How will it affect their taste? Am I remembering rightly that they are
sweeter when they have been frosted, or is that only after they have been
picked and stored?
I thought that was parsnips?

I can't imagine frost being good for potatoes.

Quote:

At least I didn't have 2' tall bean plants that have been masacred, like a
few other people seem to have done ...!

--
Presumably runners and french, not broad?