Old 13-05-2010, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default just wanting to say hello

On 2010-05-05 17:20:29 +0100, "Ian B"
said:

'Mike' wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"ecohobby" wrote

Joined gardenbanter after a long time reading.

Just wanted to say hello, and apologise if I ask too many
questions
as I find the more I follow this hobby the less I seem to
know.

Welcome to this Newsgroup. (Look it up)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

and take no notice of those paranoid about people who post
in
gardenbanter

It doesn't seem to me to be paranoid. One significant problem
is that the
web forum doesn't thread conversations like usenet, resulting
in confusion
to people on gardenbanter (hence the "Clematis ID Continued"
thread).

Participants in gardenbanter clearly think they're
participating in a web
forum, when they aren't. There's surely nothing wrong with
pointing that
out, is there?

Mike Crowe is a long lasting troll in this group. He is
ignored or disliked in equal measure so avenges himself by
that sort of remark. It's wrong and unfair to this group but
as he is not liked here, he's not concerned about that.
uk.rec.gardening is a newsgroup and not a forum and anyone can
join us by using a newsreader and Google groups.

Or better still, subscribing to a newsfeed such as
Eternal-September, which is free, or one of the more
comprehensive ones, which are reasonably priced.

I am a simple soul and only tend to use basic programs on the
computer hence when joining this group I did so using the same
program I use for email, the one that came with the computer,
Outlook express. All this talk of "newsfeed" "newsreaders" and
"Google groups" seems unnecessary. Or is it? Perhaps my service
provider includes for free something that makes life easy for
simple souls like me.

If you use outlook express try it, just click on "Tools" at the
top and you get a drop down menu which (on mine) includes a
"Newsgroups" option. This then lists hundreds of newsgroups that
are free to join.

Mike
(the muddy one)