Old 13-05-2010, 02:17 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B[_2_] View Post
'Mike' wrote:[color=blue][i]

It doesn't seem to me to be paranoid. One significant problem is that the
web forum doesn't thread conversations like usenet, resulting in confusion
to people on gardenbanter (hence the "Clematis ID Continued" thread).

Ian
That wasn't to do with gardenbanter not threading in the same way as usenet, it was that gardenbanter had a glitch, and took some posts which in the morning had appeared as a new topic with its own heading, and in the the afternoon dumped them in the middle a different topic which was all about tomatoes or something! Even gardenbanter's not meant to work like that!

But I'm not going to the hassle of finding a suitable newsreader for just one newsgroup. I shall just sit here and grumble. Sad though it is, I think usenet's days are numbered.