Old 13-05-2010, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Wallflowers

On 12/05/2010 16:15, Lol wrote:
wrote in message
Tradition has it that we plant them in October, then pull them up in
spring (whenever that is!) to make way for bedding plants.
But there is one wallflower that looked so good one year that we left it -
I think about 3 years ago.
It is now my favourite plant to grace the patio, and getting better every
year
ftp://www.ldwilmer.pwp.blueyonder.co...wallflower.JPG

Is tradition all wrong? Care suggestions?

Lol

Sorry, got the link wrong:
http://www.ldwilmer.pwp.blueyonder.c...wallflower.JPG

That's gorgeous! If I were you, I'd be trying to get cuttings (seeds
may not come true) and see how they develop. If they make good plants,
you could sell them, or the rights to them. How long is the flowering
season? That is a lovely colour; not one I've seen yet in the perennial
wallflowers (Erysimum).

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London