Old 13-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Livs Livs is offline
Registered User

Default Fruits flowering too early?

Hi there, I bought a couple of tomato plants and a strawberry at the beginning of April which are doing well in their containers. I am slightly concerned that they have been flowering for the last three weeks now due to the good weather we had back in April. I'm not sure whether I should be removing these flowers as the plants do not looked developed enough to be producing fruit at this stage and I would hope to channel the energy in to growth of the plant itself by doing this. I was also advised to start feeding the plants once the first truss had set (which with the tomatoes there are a few of now) but again it seems to be too early to be doing this. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks