Old 13-05-2010, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default artichokes

"Dave Hill" wrote ...
kay wrote:
'David WE Roberts Wrote:
However I have heard that they can be invasive and difficult to remove
if
you get tired of them.
How easy are they to control?

Not too bad if you recognise them at 3 inches high. About 2 years to be
completely clear of them if you're determined. I wouldn't let it put me
off. But it depends how frequently you can inspect the plot and pull out
any youngsters.

Easy to get rid off, all you need is one badger, each time I have
tried to grow them they have grown well then the Autumn a nice
friendly baddger has removed them in one night and nothing left to
grow back the next year.
The badger is also partial to carrots, sweetcorn .....
I am now building a 22m x 8m cage to keep out Brock, and his friends
the foxes and rabbits.and with luck I will be able to grow some veg,
the top netting will also keep out the birds.

I bet it wasn't just snoring you could hear coming from the set then. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden