Old 14-05-2010, 04:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] nobody@nowhere.org is offline

Default The stinkyest smell gardening list.

On Fri, 14 May 2010 09:43:22 -0400, "Steve Peek"
wrote:

"George" wrote in message

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
None4U wrote:
What gardening smell tops this. I just did this today. And showered
and it still isn't coming off. Get a 5 year old bottle of liquid
fish fertilizer 5-1-1 That has a cracked cap and got moldy and
real pasty. Put some water in it to get it flowing and dump a bunch
in a watering can. Then take the water hose and shoot it in the
can so it shoots out the top all over your face and chest.

Feel free to add to the list.

1) Liquid moldy Fish fertilizer sprayed all over your face.

2) When your neighbour spreads fresh chicken litter over acres including
feathers, feet, heads etc and before any rain the wind changes to come
from his direction. Breathtaking, gag inducing, asthma provoking.

3) When you discover a tub that you filled with weeds and lost that has
now filled with water and gone anaerobic. You find it under some rampant
creeper by accidentally kicking the tub and spraying black water
everywhere. Pure evil, heaving stomach cramps.

4. the contents of your fly trap. Originally baited with some stinking
powder mixed with water. Made more putrid over several weeks by rotting
flies and sun.

Invariably taking the lid off the ridiculously thin plastic container
resulted in the ******* splitting and spraying fly rot up your arms and
down t-shirt. One shower later & the a smell like fresh cow poop still
remains.

rob

Well, there was that groundhog that was destroying the garden. I was so
desperate the rifle came out. I thought I had missed until a couple of weeks
later. He made it to the entrance of his den, under the porch.
Steve

6. Bought a house with ample garden space. Started clearing a few
plots and found an old Coleman cooler in the tall weeds. Why I opened
that, I'll never know, but I'll never do it again. It had someones
now extremely rancid picnic lunch inside, my lunch landed next to it.
The cooler was still there when I sold the place a couple years later.

Newb