Old 15-05-2010, 04:01 PM
anthony manley anthony manley is offline
Registered User

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Pentreath View Post
Hi all,

We have a virginia creeper on a north facing wall. It's been there for
three years. It's been doing well and has spread nicely. But this year
it is steadfastly remaining as a collection of twigs clinging tightly
to the brickwork. I'd been hoping rather optimistically that maybe it
was just a bit late. But with June in sight I think it's time to face
up to reality. However, when I cut into any of the stems they are
green and sappy, not brown and dead. Is there any hope or should I
just replace it? I don't like the bare-wall look and if it has to
replaced I'd rather get its replacement started earlier than later. If
I put another one in its place is it likely to suffer the same fate?
Incidentally it is growing out of largish pot on the patio, coult that
be it's problem?

Cheers!

Martin
I have a parthenocissus henryana 2 years old and until recently doing very well, covering 20 ft of my fence. Alas after tue/wednesday's light frosts all the leaves have become limp and lifeless with odd new shoots still showing. It grows very well in the shaded part of my garden facing north and kept moist all year round.Have i got a maliscious neighbour or even a fox with a grudge as they they tend to relieve themselves in my garden occasionally? Please help me save my pride and joy.