Old 16-05-2010, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Unknown flower/weed

"Dave Poole" wrote ...
It's Muscari comosum aka 'Tufted Hyacinth' Bob. The variety
'Plumosum' is the most commonly seen variant since the entire flower
head is a filamentous mass, which is allegedly more 'attractive'.
Both are relatively easy to grow in well drained or sandy soils but
will not tolerate being frozen solid and so are not entirely
successful in colder gardens.

Thanks Dave, presumably it's native to that area around Toulouse?
I know it grows on Cyprus 'cause I've seen the normal one a long long time
ago but didn't recognise it.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden