Old 16-05-2010, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Ramsons (wild garlic)

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
countymayo wrote:

I cooked a
shoulder of pork last night with 13 garlic cloves, it was not over
garlicky at all, just very tasty.

Sounds like, as I often tell my Dear Lady, that you _almost_ used enough
garlic!

I have only a few Ramps/Ramsons, given me by a friend; they seem not
happily located, so don't multiply much. But they're available in the
spring at Farmers' markets, and I grow plenty of "civilized" garlic.

Ah, but. Wild garlic seems to be the fashion now in posh restaurants.
It's not why I wanted some. I have a very small spinney that I call my
"wood" and I want it planted up with native plants. It was missing some
Ramsons, the culinary aspect was secondary.
Although it's unlikely to get out of control as I was warned it can do, I
will eat it before it can ;-)
What a fantastic plant it is - you can eat the leaves, bulbs and flowers.
I have to ignore it for now, be patient and stop coveting..
It's hard g
Tina