Old 17-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Cheshire gdner Cheshire gdner is offline
Registered User

Location: Cheshire, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Websell[_2_] View Post
Ah, but. Wild garlic seems to be the fashion now in posh restaurants.
It's not why I wanted some. I have a very small spinney that I call my
"wood" and I want it planted up with native plants. It was missing some
Ramsons, the culinary aspect was secondary.
We've got a mini-wood too with a couple of silver birch and mountain ash, plus a hazel, with loads of wild garlic, bluebells, yellow archangel and sweet woodruff. Looks lovely in spring and we can keep it all within limits with a hoe around the edges at intervals. Even so, have noticed some ramsons appearing in our front garden so not sure if this has any connection with our back garden 'wood' or just a coincidence. Haven't used any of our compost in the front, so perhaps birds have spread it?

Now will have to try eating it after seeing all these recipes. Mmmm.