Old 18-05-2010, 12:58 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dave Dave is offline

Default Have I seriously damaged my mower?

"Helen4521" wrote in message

Can anyone help please? When I was mowing, I ran over a largish stone.
The mower made a noise like the stone was whizzing around with the
blades then white smoke came out of the exhaust. When I stopped the
mower, I tilted it up (only slightly) to see if the stone was still
underneath, didn't see it but saw score marks where it had been. The
blades still move OK. When I started the mower again, it sounded like a
tin can and there was a bit of oil coming out of the exhaust. Have I
done serious damage? What should I be checking next? The mower is only 2
years old.

--
Helen4521

Ouch! yup