Old 20-04-2003, 06:08 AM
Jason

Default Bananna plant + Halogen Light

Hi all,

I have a single betta in a 4 gallon tank (it's actually a Britta water
filter container, but I wound up liking my pitcher better, so now it's
"Autowash's" home. =)

I've put two small bannana plants inside. The tank is above my head
at my desk so the plants get a decent amount of halogen light from a
position-adjustable work lamp during the day. I'm wondering if the
halogen lights have a close enough spectrum to make the plants happy
and whether they are likely to thrive or just die off in a few
days/weeks/months.

Is there anything I can do to prolong their lives that is
betta-friendly?

Regards,
Jason