Old 18-05-2010, 04:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default growing squash with few bees

In article , phorbin1
@yahoo.com says...
In article , says...
A while back I was trying to identify whether I had cucumbers or
melons. Looking at the growing plant now, I'm thinking it must be
squash, it's not vining and the leaves are getting big. (shared seeds
with neighbor)

I grew zuchini last year and had a lot of flowers but little in the
way of the vegetable itself. I think this was a pollination problem as I
don't have many bees here. What to do? I had no intention of trying
squash again!

Jeff

Since it doesn't look like anyone has suggested it...

Think aheadto next season and plant flowers to attract bees for next.

Woke up incoherent this morning...

Think ahead to next season and plant flowers to attract bees now.