Old 18-05-2010, 04:46 PM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
terryc terryc is offline

Default Keeping sweet potatos

On Tue, 18 May 2010 12:54:06 +1000, David Hare-Scott wrote:

What is the best way to keep them? How do they go if frozen? Any

special tips on freezing?

The same way you would potato, pumpkin, etc; par boil sort of.
Pot of water at bubbling boil, drop in for a few seconds, take out,
drain, dry and freeze.

In truth, we just tend to cut to the chunks we want to used them
(roasting mainly) and just freeze them, but we do not keep them for max
freezer time.