Old 18-05-2010, 05:39 PM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Keeping sweet potatos

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

I find myself with about 40 kg (90lbs) of sweet potatoes, these are the
white-fleshed ipomoea sort. Last year I tried to keep them in a cool dry
place in the shed through winter but they didn't last. The shed would have
been 0-15C (32-60F) mostly. I will give away a fair amount while they are
fresh but still want to keep some. What is the best way to keep them? How
do they go if frozen? Any special tips on freezing?

David

We used to have them down in the basement near the oil burner. None
were allowed to touch and a small fan was on for additional air
circulation. Never had over two bushel so the scale was small.

This site near the end has some info you may incorporate in your
preservation efforts.

http://www.tifton.uga.edu/eng/Publications/sweetpotato.pdf

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden