Old 18-05-2010, 10:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default My addiction

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

I have decided that I am addicted to purchasing seeds, mostly
vegetable. I just got my order from Pinetree Seeds, none of which I
"really needed." Most of them just looked very interesting. And their
prices are reasonable. 21 packages for $26 plus $7 shipping.

If anyone is interested www.superseeds.com

Well you could be punished but then there is always more.

http://www.fairweathergardens.com/

http://www.scnps.org/links.html

This while

Tetrishead 7:40 Zoe Keating One Cello x 16: Natoma Dance & DJ MPEG
audio file 2005

Cranking but not to worry just inside.

Thats not an addiction! $33/year for seeds. Fresh grocery money!

Try mine. 75 packages for $175. SEEEEEEDSSSSS YESSSSS!

I will have: 120 tomato plants, 2000 stalks of sweet corn, 4000 stalks
of dent corn (500 ft away from the sweet). 25 celery, 25 broccoli, 50
pickling cucumbers, 25 pepper plants, 200 green been plants, 25 cooking
pumpkins, 200 garden peas, dozen varieties of leaf lettuces... and one
squash plant! Lots of good COOKING and canning this fall. None for sale,
all just for me, the dog, chickens and a cow

Also,
25 zinnias, 50 salvias, 200 marigolds, 50 wave petunias, 50 petunias, 50
coleuses, 200 Impatiens... All for my yard.

Not Bad for just $175 for seeds. Many people will pay more than that for
just a few plants at the nursery. Well I did give my Mom 3 hanging
baskets of wave petunias for Mothers Day. If you had to buy them, $45
just for the 3 baskets. I will take the time and grow my own plants.

Once I learn to seed save I will reduce my seed spending addiction.

Your reply suggests singular. Families can be divided head count.
Why bother if it only you ?

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?