Old 19-05-2010, 03:12 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_20_] Jonno[_20_] is offline

Default Potash for citrus

I, Jonno wrote:
Youre doing all thats needed for your citrus.
What I said before (chicken manure) works wonderfully, and I've never
had any problems with citrus.
Seeing your local paper advised feeding it with potash, a light feed
of chicken manure would be advisable.

You David wrote: Next spring

David
David,

I wrote :
Spring? Your solutions to save the world start then...or is it to take over
the
world....?
Didn't you read that? '"Seeing your local paper advised " It is
immediately apparent you don't know about Perth weather growing conditions.
See much further below.
Its not advised to add anything that may affect the growth of a tree by
adding something that may acidify
the soil by itself. Potash of sulphate does that.

That's why a balanced fertiliser is preferable.
It is because she's living where the climate is a little warmer at times.
even now perhaps?

This is further below

From a Perth site

Autumn in Perth: Autumn begins in March and finishes at the end of May,
although autumn in Perth is not typical of autumns most people would be
familiar with. Autumn in Perth is like an extension of summer, or perhaps a
second spring. With warm sunny days and cooler nights, there is still plenty
of sunshine left before the onset of winter. Although the weather is still
mostly fine, there may be an occasional shower or humidity.

Average Autumn Temperatures
March: Daytime 27-30C Overnight Minimum 15-18C
April: Daytime 24-27C Overnight Minimum 12-15C
May: Daytime 21-24C Overnight Minimum 9-12C

Winter in Perth: The mild Perth winter begins at the start of June and
finishes at the end of August. It is generally a rainy season, mingled with
cool sunny days. There are however occasional storms, characterised by
downpours of rain, lightning or thunder.

Average Winter Temperatures
June: Daytime 18-21C Overnight Minimum 9-12C
July: Daytime 15-18C Overnight Minimum 6-9C

Taking local conditions into consideration I would assume the Newspaper is
right about applying some fertiliser.

But potasium sulphate is only needed in small amounts.

Persistantly informed your friend Jonno

I have many sauces

And sources too!