Old 19-05-2010, 04:39 PM
dogscoff dogscoff is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogscoff View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I think you are right, it probably is the older leaves with the red undersides, and those that are still green all over will soon change colour.

I will take a closer look over the weekend and report back with a more detailed description. I might even take a photo and post it up somewhere, then link you to a URL. That would probably make things a lot easier.
OK, I finally got round to taking some photos and uploading them. They can be found at the addresses below:

FreeImageHosting.net Hosting Service
FreeImageHosting.net Hosting Service

You can get a sense of scale from my fingers in the pics, and you can just about see the reddish undersides.

It is growing quickly and has a definite stem now. Still no flowers though.
It looks a bit like a miniature stinging nettle I suppose, but the leaves are a bit plumper. The smell of citronella is really strong if I touch the leaves - it smells like one of those mosquito repellent candles.