Old 19-05-2010, 05:24 PM
dogscoff dogscoff is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
It's almost certainly a labiate - mint family - same family too as many of our herbs, thyme, marjoram, savory etc, and also dead nettle (but stinging nettle has completely different flowers and is in a different family). You can see the square stems typical of the labiate family.

It could be Melissa officianalis, lemon balm.

In any case, it's unlikely to be invasive, so you can safely leave it till it flowers.
Thanks for the info. If it is lemon balm, my wife will be very pleased- she's an aromatherapist and always interested in seeing where the oils come from.

If it turns out to be edible, I will be very pleased as well=-)

I wonder where it came from...