Old 20-05-2010, 01:17 PM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
basilisk[_2_] basilisk[_2_] is offline

Default Keeping sweet potatos

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
I find myself with about 40 kg (90lbs) of sweet potatoes, these are the
white-fleshed ipomoea sort. Last year I tried to keep them in a cool dry
place in the shed through winter but they didn't last. The shed would have
been 0-15C (32-60F) mostly. I will give away a fair amount while they are
fresh but still want to keep some. What is the best way to keep them? How
do they go if frozen? Any special tips on freezing?

David

We eat what we can and what we can't we can.

basilisk