Old 20-05-2010, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger & Barbara Tonkin Roger & Barbara Tonkin is offline

Default Advice on (RE)starting a compost heap

The message
from kay contains these words:

If you have a lot of grass cuttings, then have a storage area for either
grass cuttings or more twiggy stuff (whichever works best for you), so
that you can interleave grass cuttings and twiggy stuff on the heap.

I put sheets of newspare below and on top of grass cuttings, it seems to
help them compost without turning into s gooey muck!

Everyone says to tear paper into strips, but I find using one or two
sheets (from a broadsheet quality newspaper of course!) works well.

Roger T